Who doesn’t love mutton? Biting into this juicy and tender piece of meat brings a sense of joy to your tastebuds. Mutton has been a part of our Indian cuisine for generations! With its rich culinary history, it has evolved and given many unique and tasty dishes. It belongs to everyone, whether you are from Kashmir or Rajasthan, dishes like rogan josh and lal maas unite us its local flavours and wholesome taste! Our mouths salivate at the thought of galouti kebabs and mutton chops.
Also Read: 13 Best Indian Mutton Recipes | Easy Mutton Recipes
Knowing how much non-vegetarians love mutton, we have found the perfect mutton recipe to share with you all. Mutton jalfrezi is a spicy mutton curry dish that enhances the flavours of the mutton with its aromatic seasoning. Jalfrezi is a style of cooking popularly known for using leftovers to create a spicy dish. But, don’t think just because it uses leftovers that it is not an elegant dish. Mutton jalfrezi requires a heavy preparation of popular desi ingredients. It is time to take out your pots and pan and make this decadents dish to impress your friends with your culinary skills.
How To Make Mutton Jalfrezi:
500 grams boneless mutton, cut into cubes
Salt to taste
2 cinnamon stick
4 green cardamoms
3 tablespoons oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup yoghurt
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4-5 green chillies, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, diced
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 medium green capsicum, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
1 inch ginger, juliennes
Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Put mutton in a bowl, add salt, some cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Rub them over the meat.
2. Put the seasoned mutton in a pressure cooker along with 2 cups of water. Cook the mutton till it is half done.
3. Heat one tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan, add remaining whole spices (cardamom, cinnamon and cloves) and sliced onion and sauté till brown. Let the onion cool down and grind with yoghurt to smooth the paste.
4. Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan, add garlic, chillies and diced onion and sauté for a minute. Add ground yoghurt-onion paste and add mutton and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well.
6. Add capsicum and tomato, ginger juliennes and mix well. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes. 7. Serve hot and garnish with coriander leaves.
You can enjoy your mutton jalfrezi with some piping hot garlic naan or tandoori roti. What are you waiting for? Try this recipe and tell us how you enjoyed it.