Indian tennis star Sania Mirza has approached the Indian Sports activities Ministry after her son and his guardian had been denied visa by the UK authorities.
The UK has imposed journey restrictions on India and some different nations across the globe, owing to surging coronavirus circumstances all over the world.
Mirza is scheduled to compete within the Nottingham Open (from June 6), Birmingham Open (from June 14), the Eastbourne Open (from June 20) and the Wimbledon (from June 28).
The sports activities ministry stated it was approached by Mirza, who stated she couldn’t depart a two-year-old youngster behind to participate in a month-long match.
“Sania, who is part of the Sports activities Ministry’s Goal Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS), approached the Ministry requesting assist with the visa of her son and his caretaker. Sania said that she can not depart a two-year-old youngster behind as she travels for a month,” stated the ministry in a press release.
The ministry stated it dispatched a letter to the Ministry of Exterior Affairs in India, asking it to take the matter up on an pressing foundation with the UK authorities by way of the Indian embassy in London.
“The request was instantly taken up by the Sports activities Ministry and a letter has already been despatched to MEA requesting them to take up the matter within the UK by way of the Indian Embassy in London,” said the Indian ministry.
Indian Sports activities Minister Kiren Rijiju expressed the hope that the UK will permit Mirza to journey together with her youngster.